Warning: Division by zero in /home/fassil/webapps/tobiatube/article.php on line 318
 Most Popular Articles - TobiaTube
TobiaTube
Welcome
Login

Most Popular Articles


  • The U.S. Department of State announces its 2019 U.S. Diversity Visa Lottery Program will open registration Tuesday, Oct. 3.

    The U.S. Embassy in Addis Ababa is pleased to announce that the 2019 Diversity Visa (DV) Program registration will open at 7:00pm locally (GMT +3) on Tuesday October 3, 2017 and will close at 7:00pm locally (GMT +3) on Tuesday November 7, 2017. Ethiopian citizens are among those eligible to participate.

     

    Each year the United States administers the Diversity Visa Immigrant Program from countries with historically low rates of immigration to the United States. For the 2019 program, 50,000 DVs will be available worldwide and no more than seven percent of the total visas available can go to nationals of any one country.  Only electronic applications are accepted. For complete information and to register, applicants must go to dvlottery.state.gov

     

    U.S. immigration law requires that every DV winner must at least complete a formal course of elementary and secondary education comparable to completion of a 12-year course of study in the United States.  In Ethiopia, an ESLCE (12th grade) or Higher Education Entrance Qualification certificate showing at least five passing grades, or a university degree are sufficient. Vocational training in Ethiopia – known as TVET – cannot be considered a substitute for high school education and does not meet the education criteria for DV eligibility. In some cases, applicants may substitute have two years of recent work experience in certain limited fields. Applicants should visit onetonline.org to see if they qualify for a DV based on their work experience.

     

    The U.S. Embassy encourages applicants to apply on their own although applicants are allowed to have someone else submit on their behalf. No matter who completes the form, the applicant is responsible for ensuring their applications are complete. Entries that are not correct or complete may be disqualified. It is free to register for the program, but each applicant may only submit one entry and multiple entries will result in disqualification.  Entrants who submit more than one entry will be disqualified.

     

    Interested applicants are warned to beware of fraudulent offers to “help” them obtain a Diversity Visa.  The selection process is random and there is no way for an outside actor to influence the selection.   Similarly, there are no fees related to submitting an entry.  The only time applicants will need to pay a fee is if they are selected for an interview.

     

    Read more: http://ow.ly/fMSA30fzcmu

     

    Read more »
  • Saudi corruption sweep to move to trial with 95 detained

    authorities are still holding 95 people in a purported anti-corruption campaign that was launched nearly three months ago by the kingdom's influential crown prince, Saudi press quoting the attorney general reported on Wednesday.

     

    A Saudi infographic shared on social media said that detainees who have not agreed on financial settlements to close their case will soon be referred to the Public Prosecution for trial.

    Billionaire Prince Alwaleed bin Talal is reportedly among those still being held since early November when Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman ordered the stunning arrests of top princes, businessmen and officials. The prince is chairman of the publicly traded Kingdom Holding, which has investments in twitter, Apple, Citigroup, and the Four Seasons hotel chain. He is also an investor in ride-sharing services Lyft and Careem.

    If a financial agreement cannot be reached, the attorney general has previously said that detainees will be prosecuted, investigated further and could face six months or more imprisonment.

    At least 11 princes were among those detained in the surprise sweep that began Nov. 4. Many of the detainees have been held at the luxurious Ritz Carlton hotel in Riyadh, which has been closed to the public since. The hotel's website is taking reservations again starting Feb. 14.

    While the Saudi public has for decades complained of rampant government corruption and misuse of public funds by top officials, the arrests of top business figures and princes, and the secrecy shrouding who was detained and what their alleged crimes were, have foreign investors worried.

    State-linked Sabq news website quoted Attorney General Saud al-Mojeb on Wednesday as saying 90 detainees in total have been released after agreeing to settlements involving cash, real estate and other assets. He says a total of 350 people were questioned in the sweep.

    Among those detained were two of the late King Abdullah's sons, including Prince Miteb bin Abdullah who was fired from his post as head of the National Guard the night of his arrest. After paying an undisclosed sum, the prince was released and later photographed smiling with his younger cousin, the 32-year-old crown prince, at a horse race in late December. Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman was even filmed kissing Prince Miteb's shoulder in a sign of respect.

    Read More

    Read more »
RSS