Dark underarms are an issue faced by several ladies. It prevents you from wearing sleeveless clothes and raising your arms. It may even lead to embarrassing situations. Why leave way for all these issues? Take some patience and effort, and it will be worth it.
Using cucumbers with lemon juice gives your skin a soothing effect too.
- Mix cucumber juice, lemon juice and a pinch of turmeric and apply. This can be done daily.
- Take some cucumber slices and rub your underarms.
- Take the juice of a cucumber and apply on your underarms.
Home Exfoliation for Underarms:
Use natural scrubs to exfoliate your underarms. It actually makes it lighter.
- Mix sugar and lemon juice and apply in your underarms. After 10 minutes, rub your underarms with wet fingers. After some rubbing, wash it off.
- Make some walnut or peanut powder and add a tablespoon of lemon juice and a teaspoon of honey to a teaspoon of the powder. Apply the paste and wash off after 10 minutes.
Lemon Bleach for white underarms:
Lemon is the best natural bleaching agent. Nothing else works as well as this ingredient. It is a great cleanser and also an antiseptic and antibacterial agent. It exfoliates the dead skin cells and lightens the skin tone. Follow these steps to get rid of dark underarms using lemon:
- Slice a lemon in to a thick slice and use it to rub your underarms. Do this as a regular process before having your bath. Lemon could make your skin dry, so you must also use a moisturizer after your bath.
- Mix lemon juice with a little bit of turmeric and honey or yogurt. Make a paste and apply it on your underarms. After 10 minutes, wash it off with plain water.
Milk and curd for dark underarms:
Milk and curd together are great for whitening your underarms. The Vitamins, lactic acid and fatty acids do the job of lightening your skin tone.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of milk, 1 tablespoon of curd and 1 tablespoon of flour.
- Apply the paste on your underarms and let it stay for 15 minutes.
- Wash it off and clean it.
Coconut Milk and paste for dark underarms:
This tip works great as well for whitening your armpits
- Make a well mixture of 1 teaspoon of coconut milk, 1 teaspoon of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- Apply the mixture on your underarms and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Wash with lukewarm water there after
Orange Peel powder for underarms:
- Make a powder by grinding orange peels after drying in shade.
- Make a paste with the powder, rose water, and milk.
- Scrub your underarms using this paste.
- After 10 minutes of scrubbing, wash off using cold water.
- The dead cells are removed, skin is bleached and also a fragrance is left behind.
Raw Potatoes for dark underarms:
Potatoes are also used as a natural bleaching agent, and it is better than lemon for people with sensitive skin.
- Slice a potato and rub on your underarms. Do this for 10 minutes and use lukewarm water to wash off.
- Take the juice from a grated potato and use a cotton ball to apply it on your underarms. After 10 minutes, wash it well.
Treat with potatoes twice daily, and the effects can be seen within a week.
Baking Soda to whitening underarms:
You need not even use any deodorants if you use this technique.
- Make a thick paste of baking soda in water. Scrub your underarms and wash off.
- You could also mix baking soda and water to make a solution and wipe you underarms.
Saffron mixture for underarms:
- Take a few strands of saffron and add in some milk.
- Apply this on your underarms and leave it overnight.
- Wash off when you get up in the morning.
- Another option is to let it stay for 20 minutes and then wash off.
Chickpea Flour Mask:
- Mix together a teaspoon each of yogurt and lemon juice with a pinch of turmeric and 2 tablespoons of chickpea flour.
- Use the paste to apply under your arms and leave it for 30 minutes.
- Wash it off for clean, moisturized and bleached skin.
- Mix aspen extract, raspberry extract and licorice root extract to apply on your underarms.
- After half an hour, wash off using water.
Try this daily for a few weeks and then reduce to once or twice a week.
Best Oil cleansing method for your underarms:
Olive Oil for dark underarms:
- Mix a cup of brown sugar and 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Apply this mixture after wetting your underarms.
- Wash off after 5 minutes.
Coconut oil for underarms:
- Before your bath, rub some coconut oil on your underarms and use a mild soap to wash it off. The Vitamin E is what works here.
Vitamin E Oil for underarms:
Use it instead of coconut oil. It also makes your skin soft and smooth.
Mixture of Oils for underarms:
- Mix 3 drops each of olive oil, jojoba oil, wheat germ oil, and any citrus oil with some water.
- Apply this on your underarms and wash off after some time.
- To use it daily, better make a lot of it and store well.
Best Things to Avoid for dark Underarms: Important Tips
You need to make note of a few things if you want your underarms to remain fair and clean.
- Maintain hygiene
Clean your underarms well and do not cause accumulation of sweat, dirt o bacteria. Exfoliate them well to maintain hygiene.